Dermal Fillers McLean
As our skin ages, the dermis gradually loses its major constituents; collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid resulting in wrinkles and loss of its youthfulness, in addition to thinning and sagging skin. Collagen acts as the major support protein for our skin, elastin allows our skin to stay firm and resist wrinkles, and hyaluronic acid helps to trap water and add volume and shape to our skin.
Dermal fillers are becoming increasingly popular as a means to help reverse the changes associated with aging. Dermal fillers are safe substances injected just below the skin’s surface and are a non-surgical solution to reverse aging signs without causing the skin to stretch. Because the goal is to return the dermis to its original youthful state, dermal fillers can give a more natural appearance than surgical face lifts and are used to reduce or eliminate wrinkles, raise scar depressions, enhance lips, and replace soft-tissue volume loss.
If you are looking for a non-invasive procedure to rejuvenate your facial aesthetics and minimize the impacts of the aging process, then you are a candidate for dermal fillers.
WHAT DO DERMAL FILLERS TREAT?
- Reduction or elimination of wrinkles
- Replace the loss of soft-tissue volume
- Increase the fullness of the lips
- Eliminate frown lines between the eyes
- Mask scars from acne or previous trauma
* Depending on the kind of filler, the aesthetic enhancements can last three months to five years.
TYPES OF DERMAL FILLERS
- Restylane © – Eliminates facial wrinkles, acne scars and soft tissue contour issues. If used in the lips, Restylane lasts six months while other areas of the face results can be seen up to twelve months later.
- Perlane © –Soften wrinkles and facial lines of individuals. It is also a popular filler for lip augmentation, facial depressions, and facial scarring. Perlane is made from non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid gel.
- Radiesse © – Rejuvenates skin volume and then stimulates new tissue development. This allows results to be visible for up to two years following injection. After ten weeks, a touchup is necessary to ensure quality results.
- Juvéderm©– Corrects facial wrinkles, acne scars, and other undesirable facial contours. Depending on the area of treatment, injection takes anywhere from five to thirty minutes. Juvéderm results are FDA approved to last upwards of a year.
- Elevess© – Addresses facial wrinkles and areas of decreased volume to restore the skin’s hydration absorbing abilities and provide a more youthful face. It provides an immediate effect and is long lasting.
Dr. Daria Hamrah provides his patients with four dermal filler options. Which is best for you is dependent on cosmetic goals, financial restrictions, and Dr. Hamrah’s professional advice.
RECOVERY FROM DERMAL FILLERS
Dermal fillers provide instantaneous results. Dermal fillers take minutes to inject and have few signs of any visible markings. In some instances there may be temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. Additionally, there may be some bruising which is common with any type of injection. However, these side effects are rarely extreme. The recovery process is essentially non-existent. While slight discomfort may be experienced, the majority of normal activities can be resumed immediately. Swelling and tenderness may persist for a few hours after injection.
For more information, please see Facial Filler Questions.
If you live in the Washington, D.C. Maryland, or Northern Virginia region, dermal fillers may be your non-surgical solution to accomplish your cosmetic goals. Please contact Dr. Hamrah today to schedule your personal consultation.