Pre-Operative Instructions All Facial Cosmetic Serveries
1. Do not take aspirin or any drug that increases bleeding 2 (two) weeks before your surgery. Ifin doubt call our office. Also avoid herbal products such as Gingko, Garlic, or Ginseng. All of these products can be resumed 2 (two) weeks after surgery. The following are only a few of many compounds to be avoided:
Aleve, Advil, Alka-seltzer, Anacin, Anaprox, Bayer, Aspirin tablets, BC powder and tablets, Bufferin Butalbital ,Darvon, Dristan, Duragesic, Ecotrin, Excedrin, Florinol, Goody’s, Ibuprofen, Indocin, Midol Motrin, Naprosyn, Norgesic, Nuprin, Pamprin,
Peptobismol, Percodan, Supac, Triaminicin, Voltaren, Zomax
If you must take something for relief of headache, cramps, backache, etc., please take Tylenol (as directed) for the two (2) weeks before and after surgery.
2. Do not eat or drink anything 8 (eight) hours before your surgery if you are having IV sedation or general anesthesia.
3. If you take daily medications (example: heart, blood pressure, etc.) go ahead and take them as you usually do but only use small sips of water to swallow them.
4. The night before and the morning of your surgery wash your face, body, and hair with an antibacterial soap such as Dial Antibacterial or Lever 2000, etc. Baby shampoo can also beused.
5. Brush your teeth, scrape your tongue and use mouthwash.
6. DO NOT wear any skin products, moisturizers, makeup, lipstick, eyeliner, hair spray, and nail polish or fragrances from neck up.
7. Patients with long hair should wear it back.
8. Remove ALL jewelry and leave it at home.
9. Wear “couch potato” clothing, sweats or PJ’s and avoid from wearing pull over tops (buttonupor zip-up shirt)
10. Wear shoes that are easy to remove and put on, and have a good sole.
11. Remind your doctor and staff of any special concerns or conditions.