Pre and Post-Procedure Instruction Dermal Fillers (Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero)
1. Do not consume alcohol for twenty-four (24) hours before your procedure.
2. For ONE WEEK before your procedure, do not use aspirin, Non-Steroidal AntiInflammatory (Advil, Aleve,Motrin, etc.), Gingko Biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and any other essential fatty acids.
3. Eat before your procedure.
4. Avoid Chemical Peels and Laser 1-2 weeks prior to Dermal Filler treatment
1. For twenty-four (24) hours following your procedure, avoid
a. Strenuous exercise
b. Sun/heat exposure (this includes tanning beds!)
c. Massaging, pressing treated areas
d. Extreme cold exposure
2. One side may heal faster than the other side.
3. Continue to avoid aspirin, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory (Advil, Aleve,
Motrin, etc.), Gingko Biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and any
other essential fatty acids for ONE WEEK following your procedure.
4. PLEASE REPORT ANY REDNESS, BLISTERS, OR ITCHING IMMEDIATELY!
5. Using a cold compress immediately following your procedure will reduce swelling.
6. Some minor bruising may occur immediately following your procedure. However, the red bruising from the treatment will fade after a few hours. It is important that you follow Dr. Hamrah’s instructions after care to help ensure that you achieve optimal results.
Some patients find it helps to apply a lightweight cold compress to the treated area for a few minutes after the procedure. The appearance of any bruising or swelling can also be minimized with the help of makeup. If bruising occurs, place icepacks on the injection site. DO NOT, however, massage or press hard on these icepacks.
7. You should be able to return to work and normal activities immediately (provided this does not include any previously mentioned restrictions).
8. You may fly the day following your procedure. Significant changes may be achieved in the first treatment. A touch-up may be required to achieve optimal results. A follow-up appointment will be scheduled in 1 week. If you experience any severe side effects and it is after office hours, please contact us at 703-288-