Chin Surgery Post-Operative Instruction Sheet
1) A head garment may be applied following your surgery. We will give you further instructions on the use of this garment. If applied wear the garment as much as possible until your first postoperative appointment.
2) Please keep surgical area dry if a dressing is applied.
3) A softer diet requiring gentle chewing is allowed.
4) Cold compresses may be applied 20 minutes on, then 20 minutes off for the first 48 hours. After 48 hours, change to moist heat.
5) You may not drive for one week following your procedure.
6) Further instructions will be given at your first postoperative visit.