Browlift Surgery Post-Operative Instruction Sheet
1) The head dressing, if used, may be removed at 48 hours
2) Your head should be elevated on at least two (2) pillows during sleep for the first fourteen (14) days in order to keep your head higher than your heart to help reduce swelling. Do not sleep face down, but rather on your back or side. Apply ice packs (or frozen peas in a Ziploc bag) for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for the first 48 hours to minimize swelling. After the first 48 hours, change to moist heat.
3) Forehead swelling may prevent the upper eyelids from closing completely for several days. Saline eyedrops such as Artificial Tears, can be used for dryness as often as needed. Avoid ceiling fans or any direct air that could encourage dryness of the eyes.
4) Numbness and tingling sensations in the forehead may last for several weeks. You may also experience
some tenderness in this region.
5) As the small nerves grow back, bizarre symptoms of itching are often experienced. These will eventually
6) You may gently shampoo your hair 48 hours after surgery, but do not use conditioners or gels. Baby shampoo is strongly recommended. Avoid any strong rubbing or combing along the hairline. Do not blow dry your hair for seven (7) days and postpone any permanent waves or hair coloring for three weeks following surgery.
7) No heavy exercise, running, or lifting for 2 weeks.
8) You may not drive for two weeks following your procedure.