Lip Implant Surgery Post-Operative Instruction Sheet
1) Sleep on your back with your head elevated with 2-3 pillows for seven days to minimize swelling.
2) A soft diet requiring gentle chewing is allowed. No hot, cold, or salty foods are allowed for 48 hours.
3) Sutures inside the mouth are absorbable and therefore will not need to be removed.
4) Normal activities, excluding heavy lifting, may be resumed 72 hours following cheek implant surgery.
5) Avoid opening your mouth wide.
6) Further instructions will be given at your first postoperative visit.
7) Use cool compresses at corners of mouth for the first 24-48 hours to reduce swelling.
8) Keep lips moistened with Vaseline or chapstick.
9) Clean incisions with ½ hydrogen peroxide ½ water then apply antibiotic ointment 3times a day.